HOW LONG DOES A HEARING USUALLY TAKE?
- The average hearing will take from 45-75 minutes.
- If a claimant is unrepresented by an attorney, it is called a rocket docket, and averages around 10-25 minutes.
- Claimants who do not have an attorney, do not have the option to cross-examine themselves, the VE, and ME.
- If an ALJ feels that the ME or VE testimony is not necessary, the hearing will conclude without their testimony.
- Medical Experts are not usually present at a hearing, and if present, usually via phone, which makes for a longer hearing.